Sunday, November 18, 2007

Who needs clothes anyway?

For some reason – Luke refuses to take his naps on Sunday. I’m sure it’s because our schedule and routine is different – and he gets overtired which makes him fight sleep even more. Anyway – this Sunday was no different. He slept for a few minutes, but spent most of the time chattering and fussing in his crib. After our second nap attempt of the day – I went in to get him and this is what I found:

He’s done it before – but I’ve never been able to capture it in a picture. It’s pretty normal for him to throw his stuffed animals and sippy overboard – but only when he’s really discontent will he take his pants, socks and slippers off and throw them over the rail. I also found it incredibly funny that he decided to throw all of these items in a neat little pile. I noticed he’d been pulling on the corners of his diaper too – won’t be long until that comes off and is added to the pile! Hopefully it’s not while I’m this huge and pregnant. I can already see the scenario in my head – Luke doesn’t want to nap – takes off his clothes and diaper – poops in the crib – and then his huge pregnant mommy has to figure out how to bend over the crib - to get the crib mattress out - to clean up the mess. YIKES! I can barely bend over the crib enough to lay him down for his naps and bedtime! =)

Anyway – just thought I would share the funny photo. I’m off to bed – but will post more later.

3 comments:

Teniah Ashlyn said...

That is WAY too funny! Guess you will have to start duck taping the diaper on just encase! haha...(SERIOUSLY...I had a friend that had to do that because her little girl would take her diaper off and play in the poop...talk about a MESS - she had one of those fancy cribs and the little girl had gotten the poop all squeezed into all the groves of the wood design- it took HOURS to clean!!! Just a heads up and a warning......

Annie said...

oh mindy! how funny :0)

Luke is getting bigger and so much more onry every day! LOL

we miss you back here in KS
Annie

Amber said...

Love you, love luke, love the pictures! I am so NOT looking forward to that! Oh well. I know it will come.