Saturday, November 24, 2007

Quick Update...

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving! I thought I would post a quick blog and at least update the pictures. It’s getting pretty late here and I’m exhausted, so this will probably be relatively short.

Chris got back from the field on Wednesday night. Luke had already been in bed quite awhile, so we decided not to wake him that night. Thursday morning – I got Luke up, changed his diaper and tried to get him to go into the living room where Chris was waiting for him. However, he found the multitude of Chris’s Army bags in the hall and thought it would be a lot of fun to stop and play with those. I kept calling and calling him into the living room - but he was enthralled with the Army bags. Finally, Chris came to the living room door – Luke saw him – froze for a second – then ran into his arms. He’s been attached to Chris ever since.

Right after Luke saw Daddy...

Luke refusing to leave Daddy's side...

This was so funny - he refused to take his afternoon nap - so we eventually got him up. What did he do? He comes in the living room - lays down on the floor in front of where Chris was sitting on the couch, and just smiled at him...too cute!

Luke wanted to show Chris everything - he took out all his books and toys and made sure Chris saw them all. He also had to show off his new driving skills. Here he is trying to drive while drinking out of a closed soda can. He was supposed to give the soda to Chris - but instead thought licking the top of it would be more fun.

Thursday we made up all the traditional fixings for Thanksgiving. It took hours to prepare it all – and minutes to scarf it all down! =) It was yummy though! I made up a plate for Luke – very excited to give him his first Thanksgiving feast (last year he was still eating baby food.) Sadly – he spit everything out – except for a few bites of stuffing and a roll. We enjoyed the feast though. =)



Luke's plate...

Today we did a little Christmas shopping and started decorating for Christmas. Luke thought it was pretty fun. He’d get bored here and there and go off and play – then come back and see what new things we were doing. We only got the tree up and the lights and angel on tonight – so we’ll finish our decorating spree tomorrow.

Luke and Chris getting Christmas things out of the trunk...

Luke helping Daddy get the tree out of the box...

Trying to put the tree up on his own...

Putting his toys in the tree...

Luke was enthralled with the lights...he was "trying" to plug them into the couch and tree...

Here he is trying to put the lights up - all in one bundle...

Luke thought it was the coolest thing when the lights actaully...lit up!

Luke helping Daddy put the lights up...

Smile!

Putting the angel up...

This next week will be fairly busy. We have a trip to K-town planned, a tree lighting to attend, a Hail and Farwell, a dinner with friends, a trip to Trier, flu shots to get, etc. I should have lots of fun pictures to post! Then Chris heads back out for part 2 of his training at the end of the week.

I’m now 32 ½ weeks pregnant. I had a doctor’s appointment last Wednesday and he said all was going well. 7 ½ more weeks to go! I’m already almost as big as I was when I delivered Luke. I think I could out-waddle any penguin at this point! =) As long as the baby’s healthy and on track – it’s all good.

Alrighty – I’m gonna sign off for now – but I’ll try to post a bigger blog later. I really do hope all is going well for everyone! Sorry I’ve been behind on my blogging and e-mails – I’ll work on catching up. =)

Love and miss you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I'll comment...

Man, I'm glad to be home.

Teniah Ashlyn said...

Congrats on having Chris home and the beautiful Thanksgiving meal! yeah....I'll comment more later, but I'm gonna be late for work! ha.....You look beautiful!!!

Amber said...

Man, Chris...I am glad you are home too! We miss you all, but it makes me happy when I know you are all together.

Mindy, you look fabulous! I can't believe how high you are. Before long you will have that beautiful baby in your arms.

The tree looks great, and I am sure having that helps make it feel like you are "home".

Happy LATE Thanksgiving!