Thursday, February 08, 2007

8 months

Hey ya’ll!

I thought I would post a few quick pictures while Luke is down for a nap. I’m hoping he’ll sleep awhile (ha ha! – we’ll see if that actually happens!) He’s exhausted and I’m exhausted. We went out to a buffet last night and I gave Luke some chocolate pudding. Normally this wouldn’t be a big deal; I give him bites of pudding I’ve made at home. I think, however, that this pudding was made with whole milk, and Luke’s tummy just isn’t ready for that. SO that made for a VERY uncomfortable night last night. He was up constantly – shrieking and curling up. Even Chris woke up to his cries a few times, and if you know how Chris sleeps, you know it had to be bad. This morning I was so exhausted I literally couldn’t keep my eyes open. I put Luke down in his little play area and allowed myself to lie on the couch and drift in and out while keeping a keen ear on Luke – not my favorite way to sleep, but it helped take the edge off. Today his tummy is doing much better, but he’s pretty tired...which means bouts of crankiness. I’d rather have the crankiness than the pain he was in though - it was so sad to see him in that much pain - poor little guy!

Before that though, we had a lovely day. The weather was amazing so we got both Luke and Riley out for a long walk. I know I needed the fresh air, and I’m sure they did too.

Today Luke is 8 months which is just so hard to believe. Where has the time gone?

Alrighty, I’m off to get as much work done as I can before Luke wakes up. Hope all is going well for everyone! Here are some pictures!


Luke LOVES his highchair! The first time I went to take him out, I was pulling off the tray and he was trying to pull it back in place. It was too cute! So I put the tray back on and let him sit and play in it for awhile longer.


Cruising in his stroller on our walk...



Luke hasn’t had a pair of shoes that fit for a few months now. We finally got him some at Babies R’ Us the other day (size 3 – he’s got some big feet for a baby!) It was 2 pairs for $12.00 – can’t beat a deal like that! He was enthralled with them to say the least.




Luke has started sticking out his tongue – which looks hilarious. His tongue is actually smaller then it appears in this first picture – I think it’s the angle - but I thought these turned out really funny.


3 comments:

Josh and Annie said...

I love the pics of Luke sticking out his tongue - hilarious!! And totally adorable

He really is getting big - wow!

I hope you get more rest Mindy dear. That is one part of having a baby I am NOT looking forward too.

Annie

Anonymous said...

Ahh - poor guy! I'm glad his tummy is better! I can't believe how much he is growing up so fast! What happened to that little guy I saw in the hospital 8 months ago? I can't wait to come see you guys!

--jenny

Amber said...

I loves me some Luke! I can't wait to see the real thing in about a month!!! So exciting. (I'm pretty excited to see you and Chris too). Love you guys.