Thursday, February 15, 2007

1 year from 30...

Hello all!

Let’s see, not much news to share, so this won't be too long…=)

We tried a new church on Sunday. It’s in South Carolina, but it’s only about a 20-30 minute drive from our apartment. The minute we walked in we were greeted with such friendliness and smiles - I felt like I knew the people already! Right off, someone asked if we were new and showed us where the guestbook was, took us to the nursery, showed us the sanctuary – it was great! The nursery was amazing so we were both really excited about that. I don’t know how excited the nursery attendants were – when we picked him up after the service they said he was fussy and they tried everything – feeding, changing his diaper, giving him his bottle – finally they found a rattle that he liked to chew on and he calmed down. I felt bad that he was fussy for them…but it’s not going to stop me from dropping him off next week! =) The music was very uplifting and the message was good. We felt good about the church from the start. I really felt like it was where we were supposed to go when right before the sermon; they sang the same exact song I had been listening to during my devotions all week long. Some may think it was just coincidence, but I think it was God reassuring my heart that this was the place he wanted us to be. I’ve been dealing with a lot of guilt about leaving the first church we started attending here in Georgia. The pastor is a friend of the family and the people are great. However, we just didn’t feel like it was where we were supposed to be.

Following the service, we headed home so Luke could take a quick nap and we could grab a light lunch. Since it was Chris’s Birthday, we had decided to go out to eat for supper. After Luke’s nap, we dropped by the mall where Chris picked up some much needed clothes and socks (they had a sale at JC Penney that just happened to fall on his birthday – what are the chances of that?!) =) After that we headed to Outback and savored some yummy steaks. All in all I think Chris has a good birthday.

Chris’s parents are coming up for a visit today! We are really excited! They should get here late tonight. Chris has a 4 day because of President’s Day, so we should all be able to spend some good quality time together. Of course I realize that this visit is mostly to see Luke and spoil him…which we’ll take advantage of and benefit from as well. =)

I think that’s about all. I'll post pictures from the weekend next week. Oh yeah, one more thing. I’m thinking of getting my hair cut. I can’t decide how I’d like it cut, so I’m posting two pictures of possibilities. Let me know which one you like. I go back and forth.

Hope all is going well for everyone!

Here are pictures to enjoy!



Chris's B-Day cake








These pictures were taken for Uncle Randy.
Luke is already a Yankee's fan!


Hair cut 1? Or


Haircut 2?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both are super cute but I think I'd say #1 :)

Anonymous said...

I concur with Ruth, they both are cute, but #1 is my choice.

Unknown said...

I like them both, but I'd vote #1 :-)

Oh - and send your 20s and 30s up here. It's COLD around here!

chris said...

Hey, come on, it was in the 50's yesterday. This is cold for here...

kimberly said...

#2. definitely #2. and it's freakin cold here too.

Anonymous said...

I must say that I like #2 way better. But the real question is if you get it cut like that will you take the time to style it like that?
-Cherry

Anonymous said...

Number 1! Grandma Jan

Anonymous said...

I like the one with the short brown hair and the NY hat.
GS

Anonymous said...

#1 is my choice. #2 looks too hard to keep up with, especially with Luke!

--Jenny

Teniah Ashlyn said...

I vote for number 2, but I'm with Cherry in that it will only look like that if you take the time to style it - if it were me I would not have the time....

I had Travis send me your link because I only have the shortcut on my home computer and have been missing out on all the updates!! I finally got to catch up on everything!! So glad the move is coming to a close for you and you are starting to get settled in - especially with a church - sounds like the Army pretty much makes moving a "mission impossible" for everyone....sorry about the lawn mower....(Hope you told them it was a nice one..haha)

Keep posting pictures, Luke is totally adorable!!! Love you both...oh, and Happy Birthday Chris!!

Annie said...

You'd look super cute in #2 :-)

Praise the Lord you found a wondeful church!
God bless you Mindy!
Annie