Monday, November 09, 2009

Warm Day at the Beach

We are trying to take advantage of any warm day that God sends our way. Today was a beautiful day! We decided to spend the day outside basking in the sun. This lead us to…the beach! The boys LOVE the beach! It’s the biggest, best sandbox ever! The water is mesmerizing and the boardwalk is always fun to meander.






This little baby sea turtle washed up on the beach. We kept trying to put him back in the water, but the tide kept bringing him in. I had to take a few pictures of him - he was so cute! After we had tried a few times to get him back into the water, a nice couple walking by took him out on one of the piers and put him in the water there. Hopefully he was able to swim out to the ocean after being put further in the water!

Chris and I attempted to build a sandcastle. The boys kept trying to destroy every attempt, but we managed to get this one done before...

...they got past the moat and conquered the castle!

even Chris got into the destruction!


There is nothing like falling face first into the sand!



4 comments:

Annie said...

Awesome sand castle!!
And I cannot believe how grown up Luke is already...wow :)
I am so jealous, wish I was there with you guys!

*Austin Mommy* said...

Looks like SO much fun! I just love seeing your family all together again! :) Hey, can I send the picture of your boys looking at the water to my mother-in-law? She's been wanting some inspirations for her paintings, and has said that "children facing away" paintings have been selling well for her. Let me know! :)

mindy said...

Angela,

Sure! Just let me know if you need me to email you the original photo!

Teniah Ashlyn said...

I love all of these pictures and it's so nice that you guys were able to spend such a nice day together! Glad you are a family all together again!!!