Wednesday, July 11, 2007

So long Georgia...



Yes, it’s true…I’m shutting down the computer to pack it up (and reformatting it as well) so this is the last official blog from Georgia. The packers come tomorrow, the movers come Friday, then- after I clean up a bit- I leave on Saturday to join Mindy in St. Louis. No more teachers, no more books, no more Army baloney! Thank goodness.

For those that didn’t know, Min and Luke and the pets left to go to her parents house on June 28th, so I’ve been bach-ing it for a week or two. Some of our baggage got picked up yesterday, and then today they came and picked up several big things to store here in GA while we’re gone (washer/dryer, piano, etc.). We will head to Maryland on the 18th to visit my folks, and then we fly out on the 31st. Hopefully while we’re there we can manage to squeeze in some fun, since it is vacation. We’re gonna stay at the beach for a day or two to celebrate our 5th anniversary (it’s on July 20th), plus I plan on doing some jet skiing and some major blue crab consumption. It’s been awhile since we were in MD during crab season, so I’m stoked about that.
We still have no idea what we’re getting into in Germany, but we’re taking the leap of faith it’ll all work out. We may post a time or two before we leave, but there will be a period of silence until we get connected in the Fatherland. Please keep us in your prayers and wish us luck…I have a crazy feeling we’ll need it.

Here's some photos from Mindy and Luke in Illinois:













Well, I have to get to work. Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you guys! And don't worry - everything WILL work out. Let us know if you need anything.

--Jenny