Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's a New Year!

Wow...guess it's been awhile since I last updated the blog! Whoops.


I am two days away from my due date. As much as I would LOVE to go into labor this very second, I also know that chances are, I will go late again. I'm guessing if I go much past 40-41 weeks, an induction will be set. I really don't want to be induced, so pray this baby has better timing then Will did! =)


We still don't have a name for Baby Bee#3, but found out in October that we are having another little boy! A lot of people have wondered if I'm really sad that we're not having a girl. I'm actually ok. Of course I would LOVE to have a little girl, but I'm also perfectly satisfied with a little boy. In fact, after two boys, we're pretty comfortable with another boy...we know boys! I also get asked a lot if we'll try again for a girl. To which we generally answer..."even if we tried, we are fairly certain we'd have another boy (which would be fine too.)" However, we feel very much at peace with saying Baby Bee #3 will complete our family.


Pregnancy has progressed pretty much like my others. I've continued to be nauseous the entire time, but have been very thankful for the Zofran that keeps me sane. There are all the "fun" pregnancy symptoms to experience...sciatic nerve pain, round ligament pain, extreme fatigue, lots of extra weight and fluid retention, swollen hands to the point of dropping everything...and I mean everything.I.ever.try.to.pick.up.I.drop.on.the.floor. And through it all, I know every single part of pregnancy is worth the bundle of joy you get in the end. And I can't wait to meet this little guy!


The boys are very excited to meet their little brother. We have talked about a new little baby for so long though, I'm afraid they don't really believe me when I say he'll be here soon! I can't wait to see the first time they all meet each other though...I know Luke and Will are going to be phenomenal big brothers!


In other news, we are back to homeschooling after a nice winter break. I'm excited to see what this half of the year brings with schooling. We'll have a lot of hands on learning fun once spring comes...including learning about plants and planting a garden!


Will is turning 4 in two weeks. This is so hard for me to wrap my mind around! He has been our "baby" now for almost 4 years! Though we probably won't have a party this year (since it'll be so close to Baby Bee # 3's appearance) we know for sure that there will be a Star Wars cake made by Guka and a special meal or a visit to his favorite restaurant...and of course a few presents!


Luke is going through quite a growth spurt right now. He is eating like a teenager of late (just an example would be the 4 corn bread muffins he ate at supper last night!!!) and getting so tall! He is soaking up school (for the most part...we have our challenging days) and is really making progress. I love watching him learn!


Will also loves school! He keeps asking for more work even when he's completed his projects for the day. We still struggle a little with his picky eating...but I know he'll eventually come around. Someday he'll realized that food is good!


We had a wonderful Christmas and look forward to what this New Year brings. Hey, maybe I'll even blog more!!! (I know I've said this for the past 3 Januarys...so don't hold your breath!!)



39 weeks with Baby Bee #3


Love these boys!

2 comments:

Jeff and Serena said...

Praying for you as baby#3 is set to arrive soon!!
You look FABULOUS!!! Oh, and I LOVE the picture of the boys, they are TOO cute!! :)

Teniah Ashlyn said...

Girl, I know you have struggled through the physical side of pregnancy for all three of your boys, but can I just say that you don't show any of those struggles on your beautiful smiling face!! Your photo is amazing, and you look stunning!! Can't believe it's already time for round THREE - wow....time flies by! Best of luck with the delivery, and you are doing an amazing job with these kids, so keep up the great work. Lots of love to you ~ T