Monday, September 11, 2006

3 Months

Things are going good in the Scott Household! We’ve been extremely busy, but that seems to be the norm right now. Anyway, the newest news is that our wonderful friends Jon and Jenny just had a beautiful baby boy on Saturday. He’s so precious! Congratulations Jon and Jenny!

Chris and I have been gone about every night for the last few weeks doing a different variety of things. So that’s why this blog is so late (so much for my weekly posts!) I always say this, but I’ll try to do better. Here is the info you’re really looking for…Luke facts!

Luke is growing like a weed. He’s 13 weeks old (3 months) and I can’t believe how fast it’s gone! He continues to grow (16 pounds now!) and develop and it's just amazing to watch from day to day the changes that are happening in his body and in his brain. Luke and I can hold quite a conversation now. He’ll coo or gurgle, I’ll imitate him which he LOVES, and we’ll go on like that until he wants to do something new. He smiles a lot and has started laughing a little more. It doesn’t really sound like a laugh, it’s just kind of a burst of sound, but it’s the funniest most beautiful sound ever!

On the 4th he grabbed a toy from me…I was so shocked! He loves this little blue elephant on his bouncy chair mobile, so I took it off and held it out to him and he took it from me!!! He’ll grab on to his feet or his mobiles fairly consistently, and he loves his hands. He’ll just lay in his car seat or his bouncy chair and look at them and rub them together…then he’ll stick them in his mouth.

I can tell he wants to sit up on his own. He’ll kick his feet and legs up and strain his stomach to sit, but he’s not quite strong enough to do it. We’ll help him out a little and then he’s content to sit up with your support.

He’s still not sleeping through the night. He’s sleeping for good periods though, which helps me a lot. Sometimes he’ll only wake up once, but most of the time it’s at least twice. At four months I may start letting him sleep in his crib, but I’m not sure yet. I have a feeling I would be up more if I couldn’t look over and see him in his bassinet or bouncy chair and know he’s ok. We’ll see when the time comes.

I am hoping to start rice cereal at four months. I think he’ll be ready and I’m hoping it will help him sleep all through the night.

So, to sum it all up, he’s constantly growing and developing! I thank God for this precious gift and that he’s healthy and happy!

Here are more pictures!



Luke playing with his bouncy chair mobile...



Luke getting ready to go watch a football game...notice the socks...




a closer look....









Luke playing with daddy...



I love his feet...aren't they cute!!!



Look at that belly!







Luke playing in his Step & Play Piano



Good Night! =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom Mom just wants to reach out and grab you, Luke. I'm not sure I can call you "Little Luke" anymore. Wow, are you growing or what? Thank you Mindy for all the wonderful details of your interaction with Luke. It is so special to share those moments. In 2 and a half weeks, I will be there in person and am counting the days. I love you all and can't wait to see you!!

Teniah Ashlyn said...

I agree with your mom...I don't think he can be called "little" anymore! ha....He his quite the chunk! =) I think he is absolutely adorable when he has that look on his face and his cheeks sag! He is way too funny with all his many expressions...you are so lucky, and I know you are so happy to have him in your life! Enjoy it, he is growing up so fast!! These are great pictures to show his girlfriend in about 18 years! ha....Now that's a thought for you!

Amber said...

I dare say he is looking more and more like you Mindy every day. He is gorgeous darling...and I miss YOU so much. We need to figure out a time to get together, since time is "ticking" away.

Love you guys.
Amber